Wednesday, April 23, 2014

How do you park this thing??

I've often said that my full potential has yet to be realized. I have a great many talents, several of which have yet to be realized.  For example, did you know I am actually a phenomenal driver?


That's right!  I have a license and everything!  Although, I will admit that driving is not the easiest when you are short a leg (and have short legs) and are not equipped with opposable thumbs.  And I do need a slight bit of assistance seeing over the steering wheel.



Thankfully, I have loads of help.  The staff at Northwest Spay & Neuter Center is always looking for ways to expand, grow, and reach more people.  So with a lot of hard work and, of course, my guidance,  we proudly launched our Animal Shuttle program this past Monday!


It was a great day for all.  Our first pick up was in Roy, WA.  It's a quaint village, if you like cows and sheep and that sort of thing.  It just so happened that our friends at the Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County were just a few blocks away coordinating a large Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) effort.  So in addition to the pet animals we picked up and delivered, we were able to assist with transportation and fixing of several feral and free-roaming cats as well!



Our truck also serves as a traveling billboard so more people can learn about our services and take advantage of all the programs we offer.


We have lots of space to be able to transport lots of animals. Eventually we will be operating pick-ups every surgery day, and will be serving an area up to 70 miles away from the clinic.


We've taken everything into consideration; from special lining for easy sanitation, to climate control for animal comfort.


And posh seating in the cab for myself.


Now, if only I could figure out how to get this thing into reverse...


1 comment:

  1. Why not just enjoy having your very own showfurr? You would be driven around in STYLE!

    ReplyDelete