Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bob-A-Thon 2013

Was I right?  Or was I right!  Dog-A-Thon truly was "for the felines" this year.  


I had a wonderful time!  I walked with the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee again  I got to meet some great people.  I hope Miss Wylla Stout remembered to send Charlene Butterbean my regards!


 And I met one or two that I could do without.  Ugh...I hate dog slobber.


 Thank you Shana, Jim, Blixa, Lynn, Alex, Sarah, Laurie, Craig and, of course, Miss Wylla Stout for being my entourage and taking some amazing photos of my magnificance.  It was, as always, a pleasure.

The Dog/Owner Costume contest was bittersweet.  I say that because, although I am for anything that will raise awareness of the overpopulation problem, dressing up as Bobster the Lobster and being carried around by a 'three-legged' chef was not top on my list.


Of course, I won the contest.  They made a special "Cat" winner designation for me.  In the words of the wise Kathleen Olsen, Executive Director for the Tacoma/Pierce County Humane Society, it was "not fair[for the dogs] to have to compete with a gorgeous feline."



Truer words were never spoken.



We had an amazing booth at the event, as always.   And we couldn't have done so without the support of our fabulous volunteers.  Here's Stephanie holding her torch proud telling people about the good word of Spay and Neuter.  Dec passed out a NWSNC tattoo to every kid that attended, and Tammy took dual title as photographer and chaperon as she made her way through the crowds.  Rhonda drove from way up north to sell her amazing glass art.  All her sales were donated directly to NWSNC.



Overall, a great day and lots of money raised to help animals in Pierce County.
  

Thank you to everyone who came out to see me, and the rest of the festivities.  I hope next year's Bob...er...Dog-A-Thon is even more successful, and I can't wait to show everyone what marvelous costume I have in the works for 2014.  In the mean time though, we have several other events we will be attending, so be sure to join us 8/3 at Proctor Arts Fest in Tacoma and 8/24 at Paws N the Park in Mason County, or Pitbulls on Parade in Issaquah.


1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure to be in your presence, Robert. Thanks for another year of wonderful Dog-a-Thon ~ err ~ Bob-a-Thon memories!
    By the way, sorry to stick your face in that dane's face. You're just so irresistible!

    ReplyDelete